Specialist Graduate Talent (Fixed Term)
- Be the catalyst to shape the future of Rio Tinto’s graduate experience
- 6-month contract with the possibility of extension
- Based in Perth or Brisbane
About the role
We are looking for a Specialist Graduate Talent to work within the Global Graduate Talent team partnering with the business, universities and graduates to position Rio Tinto to offer a world class graduate program that fosters our future leaders.
This role is a great opportunity for a collaborative, creative thinking individual who is experienced in managing multiple stakeholders and delivering strategic projects within HR, Talent or another relevant field. Reporting to the Manager Graduates, you will:
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders and be the ‘go to’ subject matter expert (SME) on graduates;
- Lead the design and delivery of the Graduate Development programme including the delivery of development initiatives within Commercial and Information, Systems and Technology areas;
- Proactively engage with graduates; leaders; HRBPs and graduate champions network to understand development needs and ensure targeted actions are in place;
- Collaborate with recruitment partners and marketing to develop region specific campaigns, strategic sourcing activities and drive career fair activities;
- Lead regional university (education partnership) engagement and other key external stakeholders to build a strong talent pipeline;
- Identify and implement opportunities using data insights to drive improvements initiatives.
What you will bring
- HR professional or similar with proven experience in supporting and managing stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise conflicting priorities and deliver results
What we offer
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP)
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.